HomePatternsShopEtsyTutorials

October 22, 2012

Dreaming of a Laundry Room Make Over

 
Now I know what your thinking.  This is not my laundry room, but I do wish it was. This is Miss Gracies of the Beehive Cottage (missgracieshouse.blogspot.com) laundry room. Isn't it dreamy. Sigh!
 
 
Now this is my laundry room.
It kinda looks like hers well maybe just the layout. But I know in my heart and see it in my head, how this laundry room could look like hers, don't you!
 
 
 So your asking "why does anyone want to do a makeover in the laundry room"??? Well because I spend so much of my life in there and I think every girl deserves some pretty and feminine pleasure and the laundry room is a much needed place to pretty up. Come on girls are ya with me!!!


Now I bought that dern clothes separator not taking any measurements and it is way to big for that spot. I can't get to my cleaning stuff or any other needed items there.  So I gotta go to plan "B" and find something smaller to fit that spot.  Also, I am in much needed storage above my washer and dryer so I am hoping to get shelving up soon.  What a blessing that would be.
 


 This black shelf is nice but I am going to paint it white and gussy it up a bit.  Below, is a pic of some fantastic organization in Ophelia's laundry room (opheliasgarden.tumblr.com).  I love the pretty glass jars in it and the sweet lace above the baskets is such a nice touch.  The key here is to keep everything one to two colors, not overdoing it I think.  White is a clean, fresh look but can be steril looking, thats where the lace,  glass jars and linen curtains can come in and pretty things up.
 
 
Last but not least is the great homemade laundry detergent (below) I discovered on Pintrest and have left you a link to get the recipe from. I can't wait to try that.  They say that this laundry detergent last for months and cleans better than any store bought and is better for your skin.
 
 
(find the recipe here: beingcreativetokeepmysanity.blogspot.com) Now I can't wait to get started on my laundry room makeover.  I will post pictures as it is coming along and then have the grand reveal soon.  Hey, if you would like to share your pics of your Laundry redo, please email me at: cottagebug@yahoo.com
 
Thanks for visiting here at Snugglebug Blessings!


1 comment:

Barbara Jean said...

love love love!!!

blessings
barb

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...