HomePatternsShopEtsyTutorials

October 24, 2012

Buttons and Lace and Pretty Tea Cups Too

I thought I would share with you last weeks excursion to one of my favorite antique malls. One of the booths there has tons of milinary pieces and I really wish sometimes I were rich.  Oh well, its still lots of fun to visit and see what wonderful treasures I can find on a budget. 
 

While digging through each of the drawers from her displays, I found these darling, knitted gloves.  She had many gloves there but I just liked the softness of these pretty gloves. Ladies from not so long ago wore these to church or a special occasion.  I charish the danitiness of  of these gloves and wonder who wore them and what special occasion they wore them too! Was it a Christianing, church, wedding, it could have been any of the above or even all of the above.  Who really knows, but its still fun to think about.


Along with my finds was a small peanut butter jar jammed packed full of buttons, I mean jammed packed.  I didn't think you could get so many buttons in a jar, but I am loving it.  So many pretty little buttons, red, white (my favorite), black, blue and ecru. 


Now on this excursion I found some lovely lace pieces.  They are stunning and was quite a large amount in each package. I can't wait to use these with my dollys. Tucked under the gloves is a cherry napkin I purchased for only 50 cents and there was no damage at all. Very lovely indeed.



 
See my sweet little red and white transfer bowl.  This was from my last excursion and I'm using this one for the extra close pins.


 
Now I am sorry for this blurry pic of my darling little tea cups. This picture does NOT give them justice and I will try to get better pics the next time.  I bought these for only a $1.00 each and they are just lovely. 


 
Well I hope you enjoyed my lovely little goodies. You can go to antique malls and find all kinds of goodies on a budget. 
 
Happy creating and God bless.
 
Cathy



Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.
2 Corinthians 1: 3-4

3 comments:

Sea Witch said...

Marvelous treasure you have shown. There is something delightful about the snips and pieces of needlwork all nestled with a cup of tea in pretty transferware cups. Delightful. So glad I found your blog via the Grow Your Own Blog event.

Barbara Jean said...

such sweet and simple pleasures!!

thanks for pinning my lace wings.
I love your category name: wings of blessings..
I may tag mine that, if you do not mind. =)

blessings
barb

Annie (Lady M) x said...

I found your blog through 2 Bags Full, Grow Your Blog event. My gosh, you certainly have an eye for vintage! I absolutely love those gloves. Must stop by your shop ;-) I am your newest follower, Annie

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...