HomePatternsShopEtsyTutorials

June 14, 2009

How Many Ways to Mess Up a Blog


How many ways can you mess up a blog? Well I have become an expert at that. I originally had a wonderful designer create my blog for me. She did a lovely job. See the banner above. But I found free blog templates and wanted to try it out. Little did I know that my blog was very well programmed to stay the way it was. I entered my newly found template, very excited to see my new look for kicks and walla!!! All that hard work GONE! What did I do??? I didn't want to change anything but the background to see if I could. Oh brother, everything was gone, gone, gone. I slumped over in my chair horrified at what I had done, terrified to approach my wonderful web designer. So off I went to fix it myself. Do you hear the song "We're off to see the wizard" playing in the background? That's what I heard.

I looked at several different blogs to see where they got their graphics and researched each and every one. Checked out how to load them into my blog. Contacted anybody who would listen and bombarded them with blog questions. Everyone was wonderful! I finally ate crow and told my web designer (Kim, Craftisan Graphics) what I had done and how I messed it all up. She was so sweet. Thank God for folks who just know that some of us should NEVER be computer designers, maybe we should never go near computers. LOL!

Next I tried several different backgrounds on and finally settled on one. I contacted my banner gal (Deena Davis) and asked her to create a matching banner for my current blog color at the time. She did. It was wonderful, I love those fairies. Aren't they sweet. But my blog looked too busy. Well I wasn't gettin' rid of those fairies, no way now how. I found yet another blog background to fit with my new fairy banner. Yep! I think it finally looks groovy. Hope you all like it because I'm a to tired to fix it again. LOL!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl I am with ya on messing up the templates on blogs. Why can't they be as easy as auction templates??? OH wait they are not that easy either! Love your blog and all your creations!
HUGS wanted ya to know...
YOU are not alone!
Shweet Sandi

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Hey sweetness! The new blog looks great! Yep, in the past I've learned the hard way too.
Your graphics designer sounds like a real keeper. :> )
~Peanut

AwtemNymf said...

You poor thing- I can imagine the sheer panic of discovering that your blog went kaput! It looks fab and I lurrve the Faeries! *swoons*
Hugs & Faerie Dust@
~A~

Baggaraggs: said...

Boy do I know that feeling. GLUP...It was gone when I switched mine too...Yikes. Glad you got it all together. Love. robin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...